Team MacResource

A Forum Devoted To Our International Membership
[url=http://teammacosx.org/forumtest/viewtopic.php?f=401&t=1366]Find, or Offer, Folding Help in Your Native Language[/url]

Team MacResource

Postby Aardvark » Sun May 02, 2010 6:36 pm

[attachment=0]
Picture 2.jpg
The Folding is rather scarce for other Teams. This is the recent plot for Team MacResource, my "home" team.
Picture 2.jpg (56.24 KiB) Viewed 2723 times
What is past is prolog.
Aardvark
I Live For TeamMacOSX
I Live For TeamMacOSX

Team MacResource

Postby Ravage » Mon May 03, 2010 9:31 pm

I can imagine. The PG has given mac users no options to circumvent the issue with 10.6.3. No GPU client, and at this point I don't ever expect to see one. No uniprocessor client to fall back on. Don't understand why they didn't port this, it should be pretty simple, especially since it will run on bsd.

We can only hope they get a fix out sooner than later, and that at least some of these folders will come back to the project. Typical black hole response from the PG doesn't help matters much.
We can't solve our problems by using the same thinking that we used to create them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celeron 1.8Ghz
C2D iMac 2.4ghz
Q6600 3.2Ghz w/twin 9800gt's
Ravage
I Live For TeamMacOSX
I Live For TeamMacOSX

Team MacResource

Postby susato » Wed May 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Kudos to christopherboyce, whose old ppc kept your team from graying out over the long drought of work units.
Good to see that you and your team are making a comeback though.

I know you are a regular contributor here and at ffo but just for the record - do you have a passkey installed and "big" work units selected? seems like your ppd is rather low - especially in comparison to the quality of your contributions on the fora.
[color=red]Proud to be a volunteer on the premier Mac folding team!  [/color]Member: senior admins group
[color=blue]This forum is friendly, lively, thoughtful, funny and useful because your posts are. Let us know your thoughts. Contribute! [/color]
New to the forum? Please [url=http://teammacosx.org/forumtest/ucp.php?mode=register] register to post[/url]. Thanks!
susato
Pennywhistle
Pennywhistle

Team MacResource

Postby Aardvark » Wed May 12, 2010 6:59 pm

@susato;

Yes, ChristopherBoyce continues to Fold for Team MacResource. The team is a shadow of its former self. We bounce around between 5 to 10 active folders. Apparently, in the past, there was a schism at Team MacResource. The split produced the Mac Folders@Macresource.com team as the spinoff. They became the “majority” Team and currently have ~20 active folders, including ChristopherBoyce(he folds for both teams). Team MacResource, itself, is definitely not in a comeback. The total MacResource effort is probably healthy.

I have asked in the MacResource Forum for someone to share some history for the split. It must have been BLOODY because no-one wants to talk about it. They even do not seem to want to discuss F@H in the Forum. No-one wants to touch the “still steaming” body.....:-) That being the case is why I ended up in the Team MacOSX Forums. This is the best place to discuss F@H Mac issues without feeling you might offend some PG member by being blunt. As a Super Mod in the ff.org forum, I am sure you know whereof I speak.

As to point production in F@H. Yes I do have a passkey. LUCKILY, was able to complete my required 10 WUs before PG introduced v2.17 A3core, so during the “low” period on the graph I was eligible for Bonus Points.

I believe the rapid down trend in the chart is based on several things.

#1. Temporary, recurring, WU shortages on the Stanford Servers in excess of what is normally experienced.

#2. The onset of “Early Fail” WUs, seemingly associated with OSX10.6.3/a3corev2.17 interactions. Resulted in MEGA lost folding time and points (maybe that should be GIGA).

#3. Lower points due to the 10 WU requirement to receive the Bonus Points in the SMP program. You have to have the 10 completed to even come close to what could be earned previously.

I believe that PG must have expected the #3 item. However, the “folding gods” threw in items 1 & 2 to make things more noticeable.

I have to believe that the trend shown in the graph probably reflects the experience of the broader MacOSX Folding “sub-set”. PG should have data to support or destroy that statement but I have absolutely no expectation that they would discuss it openly with the “rank and file” Folders. I do find that “Academic Arrogance” to be an enthusiasm deflater. However, it is a burden that was expected when I started into F@H and we must continue through rain, snow, lightning and ash fallout from nervous volcanos...... :woot: :woot:
What is past is prolog.
Aardvark
I Live For TeamMacOSX
I Live For TeamMacOSX

Return to International Forum