Safari 5.0.6 Leopard

The Latest, Greatest for your Mac of Today, and Tomorrow. Got an Unhappy Mac? Bring your OS to a Happy Place. Chat to get your Apple Gear running smoothly. Includes all things connected, Modems, Networks, Printers, etc...

Safari 5.0.6 Leopard

Postby Blondie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:07 pm

A few yrs ago my hub bought me a mac mini. I use it to surf the web and to advocate for missing and unidentified persons. I've been wanting to upgrade the hard drive & OS but havenhad time. The other day I tried to install another version of Safari; instead of giving me a warning that it won't work; it actually installed & wiped out my old version. I now need to find Safari 5.0.6 Leopard to install but am not having luck. One that I downloaded said Tiger; I'm not sure if it will work.

I'm really a Mac noob. Can anyone tell me what to do to get Safari working again?
Blondie

Safari 5.0.6 Leopard

Postby jackrabbit » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:53 am

It sounds like your mini is the PowerPC version (G4). You can check what processor is in the computer using Apple Menu -> About This Mac.

Information on the latest versions that different OSs from that period can use can be found at [url]http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/43664/what-is-the-latest-version-of-safari-that-runs-on-powerpc-ppc[/url]
Actual downloads for older versions of Safari are available at [url]http://www.oldapps.com/mac/safari.php[/url]
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time.
jackrabbit
Most Helpful Member
Most Helpful Member

Safari 5.0.6 Leopard

Postby Blondie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Awesome, thank you! I saved the download in case I need to use it. No clue why it didn't come up with google.
Hub & I ended up installing the 1T drive and installing Snow Leopard on it. Was pretty easy. No clue why it took me so long to do lol
Blondie

Safari 5.0.6 Leopard

Postby jackrabbit » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:18 am

Glad to be of help.

BTW, welcome to the forum! It's pretty quiet around here lately as you probably noticed, but a few of us still hang around.
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time.
jackrabbit
Most Helpful Member
Most Helpful Member

Return to Hardware and OS X Help